Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Reaction
On Tuesday, the Arizona Fall League announced their rosters for the Rising Starts game. The All-Star game will take place November 6th, which is this Saturday. Steve Cobb and his team picked these players based on their performance thus far in the Arizona Fall League.
Below you will find five players who I think will make the majors next year that are on these rosters.
1. Chris Carpenter, RHP Chicago Cubs: Throws for the Mesa Solar Soxs. His stats in the AFL are not pretty by any standards. However, I bet the Cubs run into pitching trouble somewhere in the season. Carpenter posted a 3.16 for Tennessee in Double-A. Him, Jay Jackson and Chris Archer are an interesting trio to lookout for in the coming years.
2. Dustin Ackley, 2B Seattle Mariners: Plays second base for Peoria Javelinas. His line: .400/.544/.725 should quiet all the haters. He has also shown pop in the Arizona Fall League with three home runs and eleven RBI’s, while walking eleven times in 40 at bats. He should be a mid-season call up.
3. Jason Kipnis, 2B Cleveland Indians: Plays everywhere for Peoria Javelinas. He is another under performing prospect in the AFL right now. However, I have faith in his bat and his glove. He could be in contention right out of the gate as I heard the Indians will try him at third base.
4. Brandon Belt, 1B San Francisco Giants: Plays first base for the Scottsdale Scorpions. Destroyed in three levels of the minors this season. His line: .364/.407/.545. The Giants won the World Series with Aubrey Huff playing first base, who will likely continue playing there in 2011. However, Belt is knocking on his door. I could see Belt making this team right out of the gate or eventually being an option if Huff struggles at all.
5. Devin Mesoraco, C Cincinnati Reds: Plays catcher for the Peoria Saguaros. He impressed me enough to make me believe again. Mid season call up.