The Washington Nationals have an interested group of prospects coming up. With the injury of star right-hander Stephen Strasburg, the Nats are still a few years away from contending.
1. Bryce Harper, OF – This is a no doubter. Harper has the skills to become a superstar. Will likely start at high A and might move fast.
2. Derek Norris, C – He’s coming around. I think he’s the future catcher, rather than Wilson Ramos. Should be an above-average major leaguer.
3. Daniel Espinosa, 2B – We got to see Espinosa briefly in 2010. He’s going to be the everyday second basemen for the Nationals in 2011, unless shortstop Ian Desmond is dealt. Up the middle, the Nationals are set with Epsinosa and Desmond.
4. A.J. Cole, RHP – Personally, A.J. Cole was my favorite arm out of the 2010 Draft. He’s stock dropped due to concerns about his arm. He was projected a Top 10 selection overall and dropped to the fourth round. The Nationals went over slot for a reason. He’s tall, lanky and super projectable. Future #2 starter.
5. Sammy Solis, LHP – Solis had a very strong showing in the AFL this year. He shouldn’t spend much time in the system.
6. Wilson Ramos, C – I’m pretty high on this kid but I don’t think he’ll stay at catcher. Norris is the future for the Nationals.
7. Michael Burgess, OF – He came around in 2010 and looks to be back on track as a top prospect.
8. Eury Perez, OF – Should be a solid centerfielder in the future.
9. Destin Hood, OF – I have Hood on my list since I have high hopes for him. He hit .280 last season as a 20 year old in A ball.
10. Rich Hague, SS – Fantastic glove. Need pro data.